Welcome to Drink Coffee and Read Books. My name is Jade, I’m a Non-Binary Reader & Blogger behind Drink Coffee and Read Book. Here I’ll be sharing my love for YA Books (and occasionally New Adult & Adult). I’m a bookworm, book hoarder, booklover, book blogger, and book reviewer. Drink Coffee and read books is dedicated to book reviews, general book chat, and recommendations. I will be posting reviews on books that are mostly from the Young Adult Genre.
Random Facts About Me:
– My favourite Genres are Fantasy, Horror, Contemporary (mostly LGBT) and Mystery. But I enjoy most genres.
– Winter is my favourite season, as it gives me an excuse to stay home and Read. It’s really the Perfect Reading Weather, and set the perfect mood.
– At any given moment, I have at least 2 books on me, plus my phone, which has hundreds of Kindle Books on it.
– I’m able to read multiple books at one time and keep track of what plot belongs to what book, Characters, Setting, Etc.
– You’ll know when I love a book because I become a walking Advertisement for it. I do it in every aspect of my life, when I love something I learn everything about it and spout off random facts to anyone who will listen.
– I Love Poetry; My Favourite Poets are Edgar Allan Poe, Oscar Wilde, and Arthur Rimbaud. Mostly Classics, but I’m still looking for some more Modern Poets that catch my Interest, haven’t found any that I really enjoy yet.
– My Favourite Authors are Cassandra Clare, Holly Black, Ellen Hopkins, Maggie Stiefvater and Chris Colfer.
– My Favourite Book Series are The Infernal Devices, The Mortal Instruments, The Dark Artifices, The Lovegrove Legacy, The Maze Runner, The Land of Stories, Tales From the Kingdoms, and Magisterium.
– My Favourite Classic is ‘The Picture of Dorian Gray’ by Oscar Wilde. But I also really loved Maurice by E.M. Forster. These are some of the only Classics so far that I’ve loved. I don’t read Classics often, but I think I enjoy the idea of them, more than I actually enjoy reading them. Which then leads to…
– One of my goals is to read more classics. I Don’t read enough classics, So I want to broaden my Reading horizons. There are very few classics I’ve actually enjoyed but I’m starting to understand where I stand more with them and which ones I would find the most enjoyable so I’m no longer forcing myself to read classics just because they’re well known.
– Every Holiday/Trip I go on, I try to purchase a book while there, as a souvenir, which leads to…
– When I went on Holiday to Melbourne, I went into over 20 Bookstores, New and Secondhand, and Purchased a Book from almost every Bookstore I went into.
– Because my TBR is never ending and continually growing, I don’t usually re-read. There are so many more books to read and discover that could be just as amazing so I’d rather discover these new books than reread books.
– I am an impulse Book Buyer. I have a book buying problem. I absolutely cannot go into a bookstore without buying a book, if I can’t afford any new books, I won’t go into a bookstore, because I know it’ll be way too hard to leave empty handed.
– I get easily distracted while reading. And I have a short attention span when it comes to reading or anything really: I will start a book and shortly after begin something else. I cannot read for more than an hour or two at a time, unless It’s a book that I’m absolutely loving so there’s a few exceptions to this.
– Although I have tons of bookmarks and I even make my own bookmarks for a living, I end up using receipts as bookmarks, and really any other random pieces of paper, basically the closest thing to me at the time.
I’m a really slow reader. I read about 30-40 pages an hour. A 450 pages long book usually takes me 1-2 weeks to read. Unless I’m really enjoying it and it’s a fast pace book then I can read it a bit faster.
If you would like to know more about me, please check out these posts below:
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.Walt Disney
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.Charles W. Eliot
The library is inhabited by spirits that come out of the pages at night.Isabel Allende