Today, I will be announcing the second round of Manga Madness Readathon, which I will be hosting from March 24th – March 30th and you’ll be able to use #MangaMadnessReadathon to share your progress, if you decide to join. Just like round 1, there will be 25 Challenges, although you don’t have to complete all of them, but you can if you want to, and it will take the form of a Bingo Board. But Unlike round 1, there will be some changes. This will also be the Official Sign-Up, which you’ll find at the bottom of this post. So, here are the Challenges:
Most of these Challenges are the same, but instead of the challenge in which you read a Manga by your favourite Manga Artist, you can read one by your Favourite OR the hosts Favourite. If you don’t have a Favourite Manga Artist or you’ve read all of there work, you can read my Favourite Manga Artist: Jun Mochizuki.
So, if you would like to do this, you have three options:
This BINGO sheet will have a lot of different options for what your book should include – and after reading said book during the read-a-thon, you will be able to cross that square off of your BINGO sheet. Also, If you don’t want to do the Bingo Challenges, you don’t have to. You can still participate even if you decide that you don’t want to do the challenges. As long as you’re reading Manga and you’re having fun, it counts.
Obviously the point of the read-a-thon is to challenge yourself and read as much as you can, and there is no pressure to read a certain amount of books during it. This round there will be three Different Options.
Option 1: Bingo Board Challenges
Option 2: Read anything you want
Option 3: Stick to one Series. For those of you who want to continue or Finish a series and not switch between different series!
- This read-a-thon will take place every couple months. I will post a tweet one month in advance to the read-a-thon on the official twitter account @MMReadathon
- If you are participating – tag #MangaMadnessReadathon and @MMReadathon in your Tweet about your post!
- Read-A-Thon will last one week – you can come and go as you please.
- Follow this blog and this Twitter for any official updates on the read-a-thon.
The Rules are simple:
- Just read as much as you can in a week.
- Read 1 volume of manga for each challenge, unless number of volumes is indicated. Or Choose one of the Above Options.
- You can read multiple volumes of manga in a series to have them count for multiple categories, but you can’t use the same volume of manga for multiple categories.
The readathon will mostly be taking place on Twitter but you can write a blog post about the readathon and your progress or post on Instagram. Anywhere you want to basically, just don’t forget to fill in the sign-up form so I can keep track of who’s participating! You can find the sign-up form here.
Will you be taking part? What do you think of this Readathon? Any suggestions or improvements you can think of? Feel free to let me know in the Comments, or on Twitter.
Thank you so much for reading!