Today, I have an Announcement, I’ll be hosting a Readathon. I’ve had this idea for a while now and I would have made this announcement sooner but I didn’t have a name for it until today. Naming a readathon is surprisingly difficult.
So, It will be called Manga Madness Readathon, and you’ll be able to use #MangaMadnessReadathon to share your progress, if you decide to join. This will take place January 7-13, 2018, and there are 25 Challenges, although you in no way have to complete all of them, but you can if you’re feeling ambitious. So, here are the Challenges:
My whole plan for this read-a-thon is to base it off of a BINGO sheet. This sheet will have a lot of different options for what your book should include – and after reading said book during the read-a-thon, you will be able to cross that square off of your BINGO sheet. Also, If you don’t want to do the Bingo Challenges, you don’t have to. You can still participate even if you decide that you don’t want to do the challenges. As long as you’re reading Manga, it counts.
Obviously the point of the read-a-thon is to challenge yourself and read as much as you can, and there is no pressure to read a certain amount of books during it. If you are able to make a straight line through the sheet (like any game of BINGO) you can consider yourself done the read-a-thon.
- This read-a-thon will take place every couple months. I will post a tweet one month in advance to the read-a-thon on the official twitter account @MMReadathon
- If you are participating – tag #MangaMadnessReadathon and @MMReadathon in your Tweet about your post!
- Read-A-Thon will last one week – you can come and go as you please.
- Follow this blog and this Twitter for any official updates on the read-a-thon.
The Rules are simple:
- Just read as much as you can in a week.
- Read 1 volume of manga for each challenge, unless number of volumes is indicated.
- You can read multiple volumes of manga in a series to have them count for multiple categories, but you can’t use the same volume of manga for multiple categories.
The goal of Manga Madness Readathon is to celebrate Manga. This is my first time organising and hosting a readathon so feel free to tell me what you think. And most importantly, will you be taking part?
Thank you so much for reading!