Note: The survey is for books you read throughout the year, no matter when they were published, and is not limited to just books that came out in 2016!!
Number Of Books You Read: 104
Number of Re-Reads:
Genre You Read The Most From: Definitely YA, probably Fantasy as a sub-genre.
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
Too hard to narrow it down! Check out my Best of 2016
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
This book was definitely surprising mostly because it was a lot weirder than I was expecting. I’d never read anything by this author before, I didn’t expect to enjoy this as much as I did.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
This one is a bit tough, because I rarely “push” people to read something. These are the books I’ve been “pushing”.
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
Series started: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Sequel: Petals on the Wind by Virginia Andrews
6. Favourite new author you discovered in 2016?
I’m going to go with Sara Farizan. I read two books and I really enjoyed them.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I don’t typically read Classics. I’d like to read more, this was probably the only classic I read in 2016.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
This was my favourite book of 2016. I could not put it down, and just loved it!
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
I don’t plan on re-reading any of my 2016 books next year.
10. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2016?
There lot of good ones, I don’t want to keep repeating answers, so I’m going to say Between by Jessica Warman. I love this Cover so much.
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
All the Characters from this book, Basically. This book features so many different characters, but there all so memorable.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
I can’t choose, so I’m gonna go with these three. I know I’ve already said these books several times throughout this, but writing style matters a lot me and these where the most beautifully written books that I read in 2016
13. Most Thought-Provoking/Life-Changing Book of 2016?
At the end of the day, this book is just about a kid who is trying to follow his moral compass and figure out who he is while fighting the expectations and restrictions set by society, friends, peers, family, and even himself.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
15. Favourite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
“They grew up on the outside of society. They weren’t looking for a fight. They were looking to belong.” – S. E. Hinton, The Outsiders
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
A Dream within a Dream is a poem, so I don’t know if that really counts as shortest book, but if Goodreads has it, I log it. If that doesn’t count, the Shortest book I read was The Shock of Survival, which had 99 Pages.
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
This book has so many Plot Twists. There is one particular twist that I did not expect in this book.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
Kieran & Mark from Lady Midnight
19. Favourite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Travis & Wayne from Amanzimtoti:The Ridge
20. Favourite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously.
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
Noah Czerny from The Raven Boys
23. Best 2016 debut you read?
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
I read all 23 Volumes of the Fruits Basket Manga by Natsuki Takaya, these were a lot of fun to read.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
I wanted to love The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. But I trudged through it and was so mad that I didn’t.
1. New favourite book blog you discovered in 2016?
I’ve discovered a lot of new book blogs and I love them all! There’s no way I can pick a favourite.
2. Favourite review that you wrote in 2016?
I really enjoyed writing reviews for Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare & The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
My best & most interesting Discussion post on the blog was Pros & Cons of Re-reading books
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
Starting this Blog & reaching 100 Followers!. I appreciate every comment, like, follow and/or Interaction.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Finding time to write reviews and other posts.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I completed my goodreads goal of 100 books. I had to update my Goodreads goal three times, because I kept completing it. I also participated in Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-thon this year in October, and managed to read 4 books.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?