With 2016 quickly coming to a close, I figured now would be a great time to look at my goals I have set for myself for 2017.
1. Request less books from Netgalley. I’ve been overdoing it for a couple of months now, and it has to stop, or at least slow down, because my To Read for Review pile is huge.
2. Read more books from my shelf. I’d like to get through some books that I already own. I need to read the books I already own.
3. Do more discussion posts. I only done two so far and I really liked it, and I want to keep doing them, maybe create one a month. I love discussions.
4. Read more diversely. I actually think I already read pretty diversely, but I’ll try to do even better.
5. Read more Classics. I’d like to read twelve Classics, one a month. I’ve started collecting the Vintage Classics versions and want to actually read them and not just stare at the beautiful books.
6. Read 150 books. in 2016, I read 104 Books. I’d like to try for 150 books in 2017. Just a classic Goodreads Reading Challenge!
7. Read what I want to read when I want to read it. I’ve been trying to move away from deadlines and guilt, especially with review copies, and to learn to mood-read again.
8. Finish series that I’ve started. Finish at least 10 series that I have started.
9. Be more active on other blogs. One of the best parts about blogging is getting comments. Everyone loves comments, and I love so many of your blogs out there. I want to be way more active on your blogs. I’m hoping to also extend this to bloggers that I don’t currently follow and try to see more of the book blogging community.
10. Engage with my followers more. I enjoy reading your posts and I usually get interrupted mid-comment before I can reply.
So, these are my goals for 2017, in terms of reading and blogging. I know I’ll definitely try to accomplish some of these. Also, let me know if you have any exciting goals for your blog or reading! What are your Reading Resolutions for the New Year? Will you add any of mine to your list? Let me know in the comments below!
Happy New Year!